Foster care agency in Wisconsin providing local support to amazing foster parents.
Community Care Resources, located on the west edge of Madison, is a private, foster agency serving children and families throughout Wisconsin since 1989. We educate, train, license and support foster parents at Foster Care levels 2, 3 and 4. New foster homes are licensed at level 2 (non-treatment level) with the goal of advancing to level 3 after two years. Our foster parents are located throughout the state from Dane County, Racine, Eau Claire, Brown, Washington County and more. Our kids come to us from counties all over Wisconsin. No matter what county you reside in, we can license your home and place children with you. Our Parents receive an abundance of support services not typically found with county agencies. Support is why new parents choose us and why seasoned foster parents transfer to us. The staff at CCR is very proud and grateful to have foster parents from around the state on the journey with us to serve children.
- For nearly 30 years, CCR has licensed homes and placed thousands of children in homes across dozens of Wisconsin counties.
- Each member of our management team has been dedicated to CCR for the majority of his or her career. Many have been with us for over 20 years.
Providing Specialized Treatment Programs for Foster Children
- In 1993, CCR added an Outpatient Mental Health Certification to further our goal of being a treatment-focused foster care agency which promotes a therapeutic model.
- Our partner agency is Community Care Programs. CCP provides specialized treatment programs such as our Sexual Abuse Treatment/Offender Program (S.T.O.P.). The S.T.O.P. program offers psychosexual evaluations and full juvenile sexual offender (individual, group, and family) programming.
- Our Specialized Group Care model was designed in 2001. The model combines the best of Treatment Foster Care and Treatment Group Care in a three to four-bed community-based model.
On-site Child Clinical Psychologist
- CCR offers on-site Psychological Services by a licensed Child Clinical Psychologist.
- Professional training is offered by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Both Preplacement, orientation and ongoing trainings are presented by in-house staff.
- CCR implemented an agency-wide trauma informed practice with all youth in care in 2009. Our staff members were intensively trained in a one-year learning collaborative with a national expert in trauma-focused treatment. Every youth who is placed in a CCR home receives a trauma informed assessment within the first 30 days of their placement. Those youth that qualify for TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) are then referred for this specialized treatment.
- We have affiliated with Wisconsin Association of Family & Children’s Agency known a WAFCA.
Foster Parent Training Requirements exceed state standards
- Our Foster Parent Training team is dedicated to ensuring each foster parent receives the required and specialized training they need. With a focus on Trauma Informed Care, our parents are prepared with the tools and knowledge they need to care for children at treatment level.