A private, non-governmental child-placing agency
Community Care Resources is a private, non-governmental child placing agency serving nearly every Wisconsin county. We are a full-service agency specializing in Treatment Foster Care levels 3 and 4. We also license level 2 (non-treatment level) foster homes. Our foster parents are located throughout the state from Dane, Racine, Eau Claire and Brown counties just to name a few. Parents receive an abundance of support services not typically found with county agencies.
- For nearly 30 years, CCR has licensed homes and placed thousands of children in homes across dozens of Wisconsin counties.
- Each member of our management team has been dedicated to CCR for the majority of his or her career. Many have been with us for over 20 years.
Providing Specialized Treatment Programs
- In 1993, CCR added an Outpatient Mental Health Certification to further our goal of being a treatment-focused foster care agency which promotes a therapeutic model.
- Our partner agency is Community Care Programs. CCP provides specialized treatment programs such as our Sexual Abuse Treatment/Offender Program (S.T.O.P.). The S.T.O.P. program offers psychosexual evaluations and full juvenile sexual offender (individual, group and family) programming.
- Our Specialized Group Care model was designed in 2001. The model combines the best of Treatment Foster Care and Treatment Group Care in a three to four-bed community-based model.
On-site Child Clinical Psychologist
- CCR offers on-site Psychological Services by a licensed Child Clinical Psychologist.
- Professional training is offered by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Both Preplacement, orientation and ongoing trainings are presented by in-house staff.
- CCR implemented an agency-wide trauma informed practice with all youth in care in 2009. Our staff members were intensively trained in a one-year learning collaborative with a national expert in trauma-focused treatment. Every youth who is placed in a CCR home receives a trauma informed assessment within the first 30 days of their placement. Those youth that qualify for TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) are then referred for this specialized treatment.
- We have affiliated with Wisconsin Association of Family & Children’s Agency known a WAFCA.
- Our Foster Parent Trainer is dedicated to ensuring each foster parent receives the required and specialized training they need.