We are happy you are exploring how to become a foster parent with us. As a statewide Wisconsin foster agency, we have a great need for new foster parents with flexible schedules in ALL Wisconsin counties. We welcome anyone, from any county to explore fostering with us. Our goal is to place children in loving homes where healing from abuse and/or neglect can begin. Meeting the required foster care qualifications is the first step to get a foster care license.
Yes, you can begin the process during COVID19. Our staff is working hard to license new foster parents.
Below are the basic requirements to be a foster parent with us.
- Resident of Wisconsin
- 25 years or older (CCR will consider 21+ if a spouse is 25 or over)
- Financial stability (there is not an income requirement)
- A flexible schedule with availability for appointments and unplanned interruptions.
- Stable, healthy relationships, and people you can count on
- Bed and adequate space for a child's personal belongings
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Willing and able to work with the children's biological family
- A clean background check (traffic violations and most misdemeanors will not affect your application)
In addition, there are several myths we must debunk about qualifying to be a foster parent.
- You do not need parenting experience to be a foster parent with CCR.
- Your home does not need to be big or expensive to welcome foster kids.
- You do not need a large salary or huge savings to foster successfully.
- Homeownership is not required. Apartments and rentals are acceptable.
- Each child does not require their own bedroom. Kids can share.
If you have questions about qualifying or are concerned that something may prohibit you from fostering, please call us. We are happy to answer your questions immediately and get you the foster care information you are looking for.
Ready to learn more and begin the process to become a foster parent. Contact us today.
Excited to get our foster care license!