We are happy you are exploring how to become a foster parent with us. As a statewide Wisconsin foster care agency, Community Care Resources is always looking for new foster parents with flexible schedules in ALL Wisconsin counties. We welcome anyone, from any county to explore fostering with us. Our goal is to place children in loving homes where healing from abuse and/or neglect can begin. Meeting the required foster care qualifications is the first step to get a foster care license.
- Resident of Wisconsin
- 25 years or older (CCR will consider 21+ if a spouse is 25 or over)
- Sufficient income for the needs of your current family
- A flexible schedule with availability before and after school and during school breaks
- Stable, healthy relationships, and people you can count on
- Bed and adequate space and storage for a foster child's personal belongings
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Willing and able to work with the children's biological family
- Willing to participate in the child's treatment plan
- A clean background check will include the release of convictions, restraining orders, domestic violence and any records held by the Department of Human Services.
We would love to speak with you if you meet the above foster parent qualifications. Our staff is here to help you explore becoming a foster parent. We will answer all of your questions with honestly and provide you with all the details you need to make the best decision for you and your family. For answers to many of your questions, please read our foster care frequently asked questions page.