We are happy you are exploring becoming a foster parent with us. There is a great need for more foster homes in every county in Wisconsin. As a statewide Wisconsin foster care agency we are always looking for loving, patient and committed new foster parents from all counties across Wisconsin. We welcome anyone, in any county, to explore fostering with us. Our goal is to place children in loving homes where they can begin to heal from significant trauma due to abuse and/or neglect. Meeting the required foster care qualifications is the first step towards getting a foster care license.
- Resident of Wisconsin
- 25 years or older (CCR will consider 21+ if a spouse is 25 or over)
- Sufficient income for the needs of your current family
- A flexible schedule with availability before and after school and during school breaks
- Stable, healthy relationships, people you can count on
- Bed and adequate space and storage for personal belongings
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Willing and able to work with the children's biological family
- Willing to participate in the child's treatment plan
- A clean background check will include the release of convictions, restraining orders, domestic violence and any records held by the Department of Human Services.
We would love to speak with you if you meet the above qualifications. Our staff is here to help you explore becoming a foster parent. We will answer all of your questions with honestly and provide you with all the details you need to make the best decision for you and your family. For answers to many of your questions, pleaes read our foster care frequently asked questions page.