We are happy you are exploring how to become a foster parent with us. As a statewide Wisconsin foster care agency, we have a great need for new foster homes with flexible schedules in all Wisconsin counties.
We welcome anyone, from any county with a flexible schedule to explore fostering with us. Our goal is to help children heal from trauma in a safe, stable, loving foster home. CCR foster kids have suffered prolonged abuse or neglect and need foster parents to help get them on a path towards healing. Be sure to visit our FAQ's page for more qustions and foster parent answers.
Below are the basic requirements to become a foster parent with us.
- Resident of Wisconsin
- A flexible day to day schedule with an adult at home before and after school, on school breaks, and summer vacation.
- 25 years or older (CCR will consider 21+ if a spouse is 25 or over)
- Financial stability (there is not an income requirement)
- Stable, healthy relationships, and people you can count on.
- Willingness to learn about childhood trauma and use trauma-informed parenting skills.
- Desire to foster school-age children
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Willing and able to work with the children's biological family
- A clean background check (traffic violations and most misdemeanors will not affect your application)
- Available bedroom space for foster children.
In addition, there are several myths we must debunk about qualifying to be a foster parent.
- You do not need parenting experience to be a foster parent with CCR but you must have the desire to help kids heal from trauma backgrounds.
- Your home does not need to be big or expensive to welcome foster kids. It is important that your home be clean, uncluttered, and safe.
- You do not need a large salary or huge savings to foster. You must be able to consistently pay your household bills each month.
- Homeownership is not required. Apartments and rentals are great too.
If you have questions and need more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions about foster care page. Or, call us anytime. We are happy to answer your questions immediately and get you the foster care information you are looking for.
Ready to learn more and begin the process to become a foster parent. Contact us today. We can't wait to help you exlore further!
Excited to get our foster care license!