The type of foster care Wisconsin children need is here at Community Care Resources. A foster agency serving families and children in over 35 counties across Wisconsin, providing local support and services to foster parents and children.
For over 30 years, county agencies have been referring foster children to CCR. Our foster parents reside in dozens of counties throughout Wisconsin, participate in the children’s treatment plan and receive weekly in-home support. We educate, train, license and support treatment foster parents. New foster homes are licensed at level 2 (non-treatment level) with the goal of advancing to level 3. All foster parents are highly trained in Trauma-Informed Care. Our foster parents receive an abundance of support services generally not provided by county agencies. Support is why so many foster parents choose us and why seasoned foster parents transfer to us. The staff at Community Care Resources is very proud and grateful to have foster parents from around the state on the journey with us to serve children.
- For nearly 30 years, Community Care Resources has licensed homes and placed thousands of children in homes across dozens of Wisconsin counties.
- Each member of our management team has been dedicated to CCR for the majority of his or her career. Many have been with us for over 20 years.
Providing Specialized Treatment Programs for Foster Children
- In 1993, CCR added an Outpatient Mental Health Certification to further our goal of being a treatment-focused foster care agency which promotes a therapeutic model.
- Our partner agency is Community Care Programs. CCP provides specialized treatment programs such as our Sexual Abuse Treatment/Offender Program (S.T.O.P.). The S.T.O.P. program offers psychosexual evaluations and full juvenile sexual offender (individual, group, and family) programming.
- Our Specialized Group Care model was designed in 2001. The model combines the best of Treatment Foster Care and Treatment Group Care in a three to four-bed community-based model.
On-site Child Clinical Psychologist
- CCR offers on-site Psychological Services by a licensed Child Clinical Psychologist.
- Professional training is offered by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Both Preplacement, orientation and ongoing trainings are presented by in-house staff.
- CCR implemented an agency-wide trauma-informed practice with all youth in care in 2009. Our staff members were intensively trained in a one-year learning collaborative with a national expert in trauma-focused treatment. Every youth who is placed in a CCR home receives a trauma-informed assessment within the first 30 days of their placement. Youth qualifying for TF-CBT (Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) are referred for this specialized treatment.
- We have affiliated with Wisconsin Association of Family & Children’s Agency known a WAFCA.
Foster Parent Training Requirements exceed state standards
- Our Foster Parent Training team is dedicated to ensuring each foster parent receives the required and specialized training they need. With a focus on Trauma Informed Care, our parents are prepared with the tools and knowledge they need to care for children at the treatment level.